A Serendipitous Meeting With a Great Local Artist

DEC 2016

Yesterday I was in Denver and had a chance visit with one of Denver's greatest living artists, Quang Ho. I spent some time in his studio complete with his companion Basset Hound. It was like walking into a different and exotic world, like a stage set, behind that door. He talked about and pointed out a new area of interest of his, to paint faces like Rembrandt did, using base layers of grays and glazes and continuing to work in layers while gradually adding more color. The glazes and layering give the face a luminescent quality. Quang Ho is a natural at painting old masters styles, and looking around his studio, he can paint about any subject - cows, faces, silos, horses, restaurant scenes, flowers, still lifes. It was my lucky day and now I have a cherished memory that will stay with me for a very very long time!

Quang Ho

"Apple Tree" by Quang Ho