Monet's Nymphéas and Haystacks Videos

As I am psychologically preparing myself to begin a new project for someone else as it is unlike anything I've ever attempted to do before, I ran across this helpful video on Monet from Sotheby's. I find the video and the thoughts of Monet's contained therein very beautiful.

"It is maybe to flowers that I owe becoming a painter."

"the mirror of the water"



I saw the most wonderful collection of Monet's waterlilies in the Pacific Northwest two years ago. This particular large grouping of Nymphéa paintings was progressively more ethereal and light, with just the right colors and hues to make them nothing short of magical, if not spiritual. In the video, he describes the interplay of water and sunlight upon the water lilies, along with his love of gardening. (A man after my own heart.)

And, this next Sotheby's video is on his haystack painting that recently sold.

"color, form, and light"



Beautiful!